What are the most common methods of Hibernate configuration?
The two most common methods of Hibernate configuration are:
* Programmatic configuration
* XML configuration (hibernate.cfg.xml) Reply
What Does Hibernate Simplify?
Hibernate simplifies :
* Saving and retrieving your domain objects
* Making database column and table name changes
* Centralizing pre save and post retrieve logic
* Complex joins for retrieving related items
* Schema creation from object modelReply
What is ORM? What does ORM consists of?
ORM stands for object/relational mapping. ORM is the automated persistence of objects in a Java application to the tables in a relational database.
An ORM solution consists of the followig four pieces:
* API for performing basic CRUD operations
* API to express ries refering to classes
* Facilities to specify metadata
* Optimization facilities : dirty cecking, lazy associations fetching.Reply
What is Hibernate?
Hibernate is popular open source object relational mapping tool for Java platform. It provides powerful, ultra-high performance object/relational persistence and query service for Java. Hibernate lets you develop persistent classes following common Java idiom - including association, inheritance, polymorphism, composition and the Java collections framework.Reply