RSS stand for Really Simple Syndication.
Basic definition of RSS is that Simply RSS is a method which use XML to distribute web of one web site to many other web sites.
I have given you some other main points regarding RSS.
1. Using RSS we can perform fast browsing for news and also use to update them.
2. Using RSS we can syndicate our site content
3. RSS gives us an easy way to share and view headlines and content.
4. RSS files can be updated automatically.
5. Using RSS we use personal views for different sites.
6. RSS is also written in XML.